"Ooh Matron's" 16 - The Uncut Edition

"Ooh Matron's" 16 - The Uncut Edition
As I am sure many of you have heard about Derek's 16....yes! 16....on the first hole of last weeks Tankard Trophy Qualifier.

As one of his two playing partners, I was able to witness the event first-hand. His drive was well hit, just a little left but he then proceeded to thin the ball twice...fair enough for the first hole....

After hitting his fourth one to a place where he could attack the green, he proceeded to pull his shot into the greenside bunker....and then the horror of the day occured.

3 attempts and Oooh Matron was starting to step back from his shots just to relax his head. This I thought was a good idea as I know I would be rather annoyed if such a thing happened to me. Another 4 attempts and Scott and I were starting to look at each other in a 'No-Stupid-Remarks-We-Might-Die' sort of way just as he got it out of the bunker on his 8th attempt.

We breathed a collective sigh of relief and watched as it took him three to get down.

The annoying thing....for Derek anyway....is that he played quite well that day and actually would have played to around his handicap, had he even just got a 6 on the first hole.

But of course 'if' is the biggest 2 letter word in the world of golf.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...