Year of the Gnat

Year of the Gnat

After spending a lot of time at the golf course this summer, I'm wondering if I missed out on scientists calling for the Year of the Gnat. The Gnats have been so bad, it's difficult to concentrate on the course. They swarm your head, and seem to enjoy eyes, hears, mouths, and climbing on sunglasses. What is the deal?

Seriously, has Northern Virginia turned into the Amazon Rain Forest? What is next? Anacondas on the fairway? Piranhas in the ponds? Jaguars in the woods? I'm starting to feel like Survivorman when I play golf.


In my entire history of golfing, I've never seen the gnats this bad, and they laugh at bug spray. I know cicadas come out every 17 years, but I haven't heard about the gnat invasion. If any bug experts are out there, please shed some light on this.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...