Ball Fitting “What an Experience”

Ball Fitting “What an Experience”
Here at Golf Support we love to hear customer feeback, here a customer has recently used our Golf Ball Fitting Service and would like to share his thoughts:

I had been coerced into having a ball fitting by one of my golfing buddies “Book a fitting it’s unbelievable, only £10 “he was constantly saying. Eventually I gave in Phoned Richard at Golfsupport and booked my appointment for yesterday morning.

On arrival I handed over my £10 and entered the state of the art simulator with a screen as big as the side of a house. Even with all this technology I found myself still very much sceptical as to how much difference a ball could make to my game, and also pretty sure that having played off a handicap of 4 I already had the ideal ball in my bag (TaylorMade TP Red).



Richard arrived introduced himself, asked various questions about my game, ball flight etc and advised me to warm up hitting a few balls in the simulator. Once loosened up Richard explained that a Vector launch monitor would be used in conjunction with the simulator to analyse ball flight, spin, launch angle, carry, total distance and many more criteria way beyond my comprehension in order to find my perfect ball.

We started with my ball of choice a TP red hit 5 shots and then reviewed the results, reasonable carry, acceptable total distance and straight all five landing around the middle of the fairway, I was sure at this point that I was going to be only the second player ever that Richard had fitted and had ended up with the ball they started with!

On we went through half a dozen other balls and amazingly with each change Richard made either a little more carry, increased back spin or better launch angel seemed to be gained with each new ball (the sceptic in me was sure these increases were due to me getting more into the groove rather than the change of ball) after 45 minutes Richard arrived at a conclusion, the ideal ball for me was the Bridgestone RX giving me an additional 9 yards of carry and in total going an extra 21 yards off the tee.



“Before we finish Richard I would like to hit a couple of shots with the TP red” in my own mind I had to know whether the sceptic in me was right, 3 shots later I was at the counter buying a dozen Bridgestone RX golf balls!

I can’t believe that changing to the correct ball has added over 20 yards to my tee shots, which in turn will mean I will be playing 1 to 2 irons less for my approach shots into greens.

I write this in the hope that others can learn not to be as sceptical as I was about a new way of improving your golf for less than the cost of a sleeve of balls, add to this the offer that if you don’t see improvement they will give you your money back then what are you waiting for ?


As my Golfing pal said “Book a fitting it’s unbelievable, only £10 “

We hope you have found this insight helpful, remember at Golf Support our PGA Professional Golfers are here to help with allsorts of elements of your game. Take advantage of our ball fitting or teaching services. Ring Freephone 0800 432 0171.

Until Next Time

The Golf Support Team
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...