Out of the fog?

Out of the fog?

Tiger Woods looked a lot more mentally focused and his swing looked much more controlled during round one of the PGA Championship. His 71 could have been a lot lower if it weren't for a few errant shots but he's still right in thick of things after day one. The big question now is whether or not he can keep it up for the remaining three rounds.


Interview with TNT's Jim Huber:


Woods on his play in the first round: “I got off to a good start today which was nice and I’m just trying to grind my way along. I dropped a few shots, but overall I posted under par.”

Woods on if his work leading up to the PGA Championship paid off after the first round: “I thought I hit the ball pretty good. It felt like I had control of the ball most of the day, especially with my trajectory which was nice. I haven’t had that in a while so it felt good to have that.”

Woods on what he needs to improve with his game: “I just need to continue to improve every day. I need to be a little bit more solidified and today I felt like I had good speed on the greens. If anything, I was leaving putts a little bit short. They were a little bit slower than what I was seeing. I just have to make that adjustment.”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...