Shopping for Drivers

Shopping for Drivers
I am often asked "What driver should I buy?"

I used to be very opinionated about this, but as of late, I have made a complete 180 degree turn from my original stance. I used to stick by only a few brands that I found worthy enough for me to even look at. Now, I say to any and all, you have a chance with me.


Driver technology is changing rapidly, an d because of this advancement, the shapes and sizes have adapted with it. I am sure we have all seen the many geometric shapes and sizes from squares to triangles, to almost round things. Turns out, that all have a potential to work for you.

My biggest piece of advice to a shopper is to find a club you can look at and feel confident with. The shape really doesn't matter, just as long as you feel good with it in your hands. I also feel the same way about sound. If you like it, try it.

This probably sounds like a conclusion you would have come too on your own. Well, here is where it gets fun. Now that you found a club that you like to look at, get on a launch monitor, preferably one like trackman. Test the club out. If you have an attendent or a fitter there, let them find a club that gets you into he right numbers. Once you find the best numbers, then buy that club. In some cases, you will realize that the club you picked out doesn't even work the best for you.

So, when it comes to driver buying, looks are important, but what really counts are the numbers. If you don't know your numbers, go get tested. I get a swing evaluation every year or so, just to make sure the clubs I am buying continue to fit me correctly.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...