Cheyenne Woods wins ACC title

Cheyenne Woods wins ACC title


Cheyenne Woods, the niece of Tiger Woods, followed in her uncle's footsteps by winning the ACC women's individual title by seven strokes over her nearest competitor. The Wake Forest junior finished at 5-under par and became the third consecutive Demon Deacon to win the individual crown.

"Today, I really felt confident all day and knew I could hit the shots that I wanted to," Woods told ACC.com. "That was important on this course because the greens are so slick that you have to land the ball in the right spots."

Tiger sent his congratulations on Twitter by saying, "My niece, Cheyenne, just won the ACC golf title by 7 shots! That's awesome, I'm so proud of her."

Next up will be Charlie and Sam Woods, set to tee off in approximately 15 years.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...