Bubba Watson withdrawls from The Northern Trust

Bubba Watson withdrawls from The Northern Trust
Bubba Watson has withdrawn from the Northern Trust Open citing a pulled muscle in his lower stomach.

Watson, who won the Farmers Insurance Open last month, told officials of his decision after completing his round on Thursday. He shot a 76 that included an eagle, one birdie, six bogeys and one double bogey.

Watson later told reporters that he went to the emergency room earlier in the week to make sure the pain wasn’t due to anything serious. “Then it was still bothering me so I did a CAT scan, so I did an ultrasound and a CAT scan, so I did two visits to the doctors two days apart,’” he said.

Watson said the blood work and other tests came out negative. He’s just very sore and found it difficult to concentrate on golf Thursday at Riviera.

“Tried to go today,” Watson said. “It’s just my mind was worried about that and not worried about playing golf. I’m not in the right place. I need to rest. I need to rest my stomach and hopefully get better for Tucson”
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...