16 year old amateur Jordan Spieth in contention at the Byron Nelson

16 year old amateur Jordan Spieth in contention at the Byron Nelson
Jordan Spieth continued to defy the expectations of everyone but himself, shooting a 3-under 67 Saturday to move solidly into contention going into today's final round of the Byron Nelson Championship in Irving, Texas.

Spieth's best round yet left him tied for seventh, six shots behind leader Jason Day, and injects all kinds of intrigue into an event that was thought to be missing an attention-grabbing headliner.

"I know the pins are going to be the toughest pins I've ever experienced in my life, but I'm confident," said the 16-year-old Spieth, who just last week won a high school state tournament. "I'm going to start firing because I got nothing to lose, nothing to hold back."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...