Dubai Desert Classic Pro-Am

Dubai Desert Classic Pro-Am
So today I had a great day at the Pro-Am golf tournament at Emirates Golf Club. I got there early as there were 2 shotgun starts - 7.30am and 12.45pm and there were a few players in the first shotgun that I wanted to see, most notably Rory McIlroy, Tom Watson, Darren Clarke and Mark O'Meara.

The Pro-am is such a great day to go and watch the golf because the players are so relaxed and most of them are friendly and happy to chat to you. Also there are hardly any spectators and in the morning I was one of the few out on the course. In fact on a few holes I was the only spectator and a couple of the golfers - Anthony Wall and David Howell - were nice enough to come and have a chat with me off their own backs - what lovely guys! I'll definitely be willing them on at the tournament as my fellow-countrymen :-)

I also bumped into Jim Davidson there playing in one of the groups and he was also very nice and friendly and I walked round with his group for the last 4 holes having a chat with him.

Altogether a great day although exhausting as I was walking around the course for about 6 hours! I took a bunch of videos which I will post on YouTube which might be helpful in checking out the swings of the Pros.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...