Positive and Negative Tiger Reactions

Positive and Negative Tiger Reactions

POSITIVE:


Mark O'Meara, Champions Tour
“Today was a step in the right direction. We know what kind of champion he is on the golf course but this is a big battle he’s fighting right now. He’s going to show to the people he can be a champion off the course.”

David Feherty, CBS Golf announcer
"I have never seen him appear so vulnerable. I was very impressed with what he said."

Ben Crane, PGA Player
“I thought it was an amazing conference. I thought Tiger was very humble. And, you know what? I think we all love him as a golfer and as a family man. And we want to see what’s best for him.”

Tim Finchem, PGA Commissioner
"My personal reaction was that his comments were heartfelt. He clearly recognizes that there has been serious impact to a wide range of individuals and organizations. I thought it was particularly telling that he specifically addressed parents of children, the parents being individuals who had encouraged their children to look at him as a role model, and he specifically reference that."

“But overall my take was that he is very focused on these issues. He's taking the steps that he and whatever professional assistance he's receiving suggest and that he's committed to the course that he laid out, and I thought it was a compelling commitment statement.”

Stewart Cink, British Open Champion
“I think he’ll be received well. We’ve all made mistakes and sinned. Forgiveness is a huge part of the process.”

Nick Watney, PGA Tour player
“I thought it was very heartfelt. I’m sure it was tough. I agree with a lot of the guys that were out here that we’re more concerned about when he’s going to get back on the golf course and not necessarily everything in his personal life.”

NEGATIVE:

Rick Cerrone, PR executive
“What I expected to see today was some humility. What I saw today was arrogance. What I saw was anger. It was basically an infomercial.”

Bill McGowan, Image Consultant for Clarity Media Group
"He came off very Tiger-like, in that it was a little too rehearsed and a little too scripted for my liking. The more scripted you are, the more risk you run of not being authentic or sincere."

Puntarika Susuntitapong, PR Executive
“It looked like it was staged. These things should have come from his heart, but he was reading out of a script. I could see he was tearing up, but I don’t feel like he was being sincere.”

More reactions from golfchannel.com

Photo / Ap - Lenny Ignelzi
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...